These small changes will drastically affect the daily life of your iPhone battery
1. The Background Refresh App – You will find that making changes to this new App could be the most effective way to save battery life. The refresh feature is an enemy for draining your battery, not only that, the default setting in IOS 7 is set to “ON”. The background refresh allows apps to run silent in background and will refresh continuously when connected to Wi-Fi or your precious Data Network; not only using battery life, but also using your data plan as well. You can easily stop the feature by going to:
2. Automatic Updating – iOS 7 will automatically download new updates for all installed apps whenever they’re ready without prompting you to visit the App Store to do it yourself. This app is helpful, but will use battery and can be disabled.
3. Turn down the Auto Brightness – As always this is a well known way to save battery life on any device including iOS 7. Go to:
4. Spotlight Search Function – Apple internal search functionality (called Spotlight) is available from any screen by wiping down not at the top but below the top, but because of that it is constantly indexing new data, and draining your battery. Stop it from indexing all of your apps, settings, and data by going to:
5. Dynamic Backgrounds – The new dynamic or animated backgrounds are a cool new feature but use battery life’
6. Turn Off Bluetooth – Simple if you don’t use it disable it
7. Location-Tracking Apps – iOS camera, Google Maps, Twitter, and Facebook to name a few— are tracking your location at all times.
You can turn off Location Services completely
We strongly recommend the individual option, We never recommend disabling important location-based functions such as Find My Phone in case its ever lost or stolen.
8. Parallax – It is a feature that makes images or wallpaper seem as though they are moving behind the stationery apps. However, it does use battery life and resources. Users have complained that it makes them dizzy too. It is simple to disable:
9. Double Click Home Button – By double clicking the home button, you will see all the “running” apps and you can swipe them upward to close or “force quit”. More than likely you will be surprised to see what is running.
10. Turn-Off Wi-Fi – Our Wi-Fi reception is faster than 3g or even 4g but if you are not in an area where you have a trusted network or have an available service to connect to iOS7 will continuously search for available networks in range using battery and system resources. To disable Wi-Fi visit:
These small changes will undoubtedly help increase battery life during your day. If you know of any other helpful battery savers please comment so we can add them to the list.
Tired of your old phone?learn more
Whether it's hardware, software, for home or business, we have the right PHIX for youschedule a repair
1545 S College Rd, Wilmington, NC 28403
Mon-Sun:10:00 AM - 7:00PM+1 888.404.7449
Every part we use and every repair we perform has a Lifetime Guarantee